Granville Street Church
Growing disciples of Jesus
As a church family, we are united in holding to the central truths of the Christian faith. These beliefs have been shared by Christians throughout the centuries and are affirmed by evangelical Christians around the world and across the denominations today. They are summarised well in the Evangelical Alliance statement of faith below.
We believe in:
1. The one true God who lives eternally in three persons - the Father, the Son
and the Holy Spirit.
2. The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling,
redeeming and judging the world.
3. The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament
Scriptures, which are the written Word of God-fully trustworthy for faith and
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be
holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and
5. The incarnation of God's eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ - born of the virgin
Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price
of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his
ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the
8. The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with
Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10. The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all
believers - given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship
God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
11. The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God,
who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and
eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.